Book Review: Artemis | The sci-fi world

I’m sorry if this book disappointed you, too.

Artemis
by Andy Weir
1/5

Same as most of the readers, I know Andy Weir from <The Martian>, but I knew him from the movie instead of the book. (Actually yea I’m considering to buy this book too). The Martian is awesomely highly rated, and it deserve the rating more than that, at least in my opinion.

But, with this expectation, I’m sorry that I actually rated <Artemis> with 1 star.

Why 1 star rated?

1. Too much scientific-formula details, and sorry, I really can’t enjoy those details. 🙃
2. I’m seriously lost from 50% onwards, the writing lost my reading attention.
3. Weak plot - so in the end I do not really understand what is the “strong” main stream that should hold the entire running story.

BUT...

I was thinking maybe I’m not in a mood to read this story, so I may give it a try perhaps in 2024. 🙂
*yea, he is Andy Weir, the author that sci-fi reader always trust.

Anyway for now, this is not my recommended list, for now.

If you are still considering it, here’s a little background

1. A century that part of the humans are staying in moon, the city known as Artermis while some still on the earth.
2. As Artemis are new world, the society rules are kind of “loosen”. It’s more of a basic policies applied. Those who broke the rules might be sent back to earth. So sending back to earth is kind of punishment. LOL
3. The main character is a lady, name Jazz. Is this the first time a lady main character beneath Andy’s keyboard?

That’s it. Maybe I will come back again by end of 2024. Hopefully a good review by that time.

較新的 較舊

聯絡表單